Trans voice training needs more:
- Intersectional understanding of how & why each person does certain things habitually with their voice
- Exploration of what each person wants from their voice & why
- Unlearning of current unhelpful habits before & alongside learning new ones
- Awareness that taking shortcuts will often result in limiting what you can do with your voice in other ways
- Understanding that there’s many different ways to produce similar sounds
Most of all, what trans voice training needs is less stereotyping of what a femme or masc voice “should” sound like.
The goal isn’t to hand everyone the exact same voice.
It’s to help each individual find a way to use their voice that makes them feel happy & comfortable.